Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Environmental Services Director, the person holding this position is responsible for stripping, waxing and shower scrubbing corridors, lobby area, patient rooms and other areas in the hospital as needed. Detailing of all areas of follows, baseboards, and walls. This position is especially important due to after floors are stripped and waxed they must be maintained by buffing and detailing corners and edges on a regular schedule in order to be maintained properly.
When checkouts are performed, rooms need to be buffed between patients admits and discharges. All main hallways need buffing on regular basis to maintain and prevent stripping and waxing as often.
Reports to: Environmental Services Director
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to use common cleaning appliances
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures
- Knowledge of various cleaning chemicals and solutions.
- Ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Ability to work independently after training
- Stripping, Waxing, and Shower Scrubbings Corridors, Lobby area, patient rooms and other areas of the hospital
- In between stripping and waxing of floors, buff floors to maintain and prevent stripping and waxing
- Refilling chemical bottles and restock supplies
- Buff main hallways on a regular basis
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and or weekends on a regular basis or as scheduled
- All other duties as assigned