Job Summary: Performs venipuncture, collects blood samples, and assists with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Obtains non-invasive body fluid specimens. Documents all interactions in patient’s medical record. Assists physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as requested. Schedules patient appointments, obtains charts when needed, stocks and maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms. Obtain miscellaneous specimens, including blood draws.
Reports to: Physician Practice Manager/Supervisor/Director of Clinical Operations
Education: Graduate of a vocational nursing school program. LPN licensure in State of Arkansas.
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities- Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which is reflected in the Principal Duties section of the job description.
- Prepares patient, room and supplies for exams, tests, and treatments
- Performs direct patient care procedures within the LPN scope of duties.
- Stocks and orders supplies for routine and special needs
- Assists in maintaining the Medical record and documents patient care in the Medical Record
- Schedules/refers patients for appropriate ancillary services.
- Processes customer service calls as assigned.
- Performs other routine clerical or patient-care duties in support of department operations.
- Provides basic nursing services including pulmonary function testing, audiometric testing, breath alcohol testing, drug screens, vision testing, EKGs, venipuncture and immunizations.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.