Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Lab Director, the Medical Laboratory Technician will perform routine and/or complex tests in various areas of the Lab using standard techniques and equipment.
Reports to: Director of Lab
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
MLT with an Associate degree in medical technology or related field.
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and/or complex tests in various areas of the lab using standard techniques and equipment
- May perform mechanical and chemical operations and microscopic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- Receives or obtains specimens for laboratory analysis
- Applies techniques used in fields of Hematology, Serology, Chemistry, Bacteriology, and Immunohematology and understands the relationship of test results to patient age specific characteristics
- Records and reports laboratory results
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis