Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional patient care services.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Registered Nurse, and certified in BLS
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment
- Manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team while promoting teamwork
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- May function as lead or charge nurse
- Participates in computerized health information systems
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner
- Maintains nursing competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis