Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional patient care services.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Registered Nurse
BLS(CPR) certified required
ACLS preferred but not required
PALS preferred but not required
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment
- Manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team while promoting teamwork
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- May function as lead or charge nurse
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner
- Maintains nursing competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonable related job responsibilities as assigned by the Board. MRHS reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, MRHS reserves the right to change job descriptions, duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.