Job Summary: The person holding this position reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for clerical duties pertaining to the highest level of administration in the hospital. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a basic requirement of this position.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Education: High school diploma required, AA preferred.
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Administrative policies and procedures
- Preparation of reports, minutes, meeting agendas, meeting notices etc. for Medical Staff Meetings, Medical Executive Committee Meetings, Hospital Commission Meetings and Department Manager Meetings
- Preparation of correspondence and reports at the direction of the CEO
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with all patients and visitors
- Orders, stocks and maintains adequate inventory of required departmental supplies
- Respond to patients and patient families in a courteous manner both on the phone and in person
- Relay timely telephone/visitor messages, taking accurate information
- Proficient in the use of computer and all office machines
- Prepares and submits reimbursement requests
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.
- Maintains all hospital contracts.