Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of Maintenance, the Groundskeeper will keep all of MRHS grounds kept up year round.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Education: In depth, and up to date knowledge of lawn maintenance techniques, equipment and the operations of lawn mowers, edgers, weed eaters, typically acquired through experience.
High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Five (5) years experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower.
- Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and others.
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
- Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice down to keep people from falling.
- Wash windows
- Perform routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster, fixing fountains, and other duties.
- Sweep walkway of debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- Install lawn furniture.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
- Painting inside and outside of hospital as requested.
- Work regular schedule and arrive promptly.