Job Summary: At the direction and control of the CEO, the Lab Director will be responsible for the overall management of Mena Regional Health System’s laboratory department.
- Financial Management of the Lab
- Compliance & Regulatory Management
- Quality & Performance Improvement
Reports to: CEO
Education: In depth, and up to date knowledge of laboratory function, typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, ASCP Registered, Clinical Internship
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred as Laboratory Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in various meetings with such groups to provide pertinent information related to the Lab operations
- Ensures that chemical, microscopic, hematology and bacteriologic tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and that the results are reported in a timely manner.
- Keeps informed on the developments and the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance, staffing, record keeping as required by regulatory entitles
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Overall quality assurance for the Lab
- Facilitates resolution of questions and issues relating to Lab operations.
- Set and monitor achievement of goals and objectives for the Lab consistent with MRHS Policy and procedure
- Attend monthly Department Managers Meeting
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.