Job Title: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of Radiology the Nuclear Medicine Technologist will supervise the Nuclear Medicine Department. Responsible for performing nuclear medicine procedures, maintaining departmental standards in accordance with policy and procedures, and up to date knowledge on new techniques and procedures. Requires independent judgment, initiative, ingenuity and strict adherence to radiation safety management guidelines.
Reports to: Director of Radiology
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited School of Nuclear Medicine Technology. Certified in Nuclear Medicine Technology NMTCB (R) ARRT certified. Licensed in the State of Arkansas as NMT.
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred
Requirements: Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to:
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands
- Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
- Using a keyboard to enter or transform words or data
- Hearing in normal and soft tones
- Ability to read and understand written English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English words and sentences
- Ability to understand spoken English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate with others by telephone and e-mail
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and with little direct supervision in planning and organizing workload
- Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
The demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding, supporting and promoting the organizational values inherent in the philosophy of Mena Regional Health System
- Performing job duties in a manner which demonstrates the values of Mena Regional Health System and its commitment to customer service
- Safety Sensitive Position
- Working with confidential information
- Complying with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Responding to the needs of the Medical Staff consistent with hospital policy and objectives
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical procedures of the Nuclear Medicine Department
- Prepare and administer prescribed radiopharmaceuticals to perform diagnostic nuclear medicine imaging procedures utilizing Planar, SPECT, and thyroid uptake probe.
- Performs diagnostic imaging procedures
- Safe use of specialized equipment and radioactive materials
- Administers radio-pharmaceutical and documents results accurately
- Acts as the Radiation Safety Officer for MRHS
- Cleans work area and equipment
- Transports and transfers patients
- Veinipuncture to administer oral and IV contrast media
- Schedule and prepare patients, giving prep instructions
- Maintains strict confidentiality as required by HIPAA
- Responsible for equipment maintenance, and record keeping as required by regulatory entities
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Participates in overall quality assurance for the Department
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.