Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Nurse Manager or immediate supervision of the nursing staff, the person holding this position assists professional nursing staff by performing routine duties in care of patients.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: One year experience preferred.
Requirements: Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to:
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands
- Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
- Using a keyboard to enter or transform words or data
- Hearing in normal and soft tones
- Ability to read and understand written English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English words and sentences
- Ability to understand spoken English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate with others by telephone and e-mail
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and with little direct supervision in planning and organizing workload
- Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
The demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding, supporting and promoting the organizational values inherent in the philosophy of Mena Regional Health System
- Performing job duties in a manner which demonstrates the values of Mena Regional Health System and its commitment to customer service
- Safety Sensitive Position
- Performing life-threatening procedures
- Working with confidential information
- Complying with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Responding to the needs of departments, personnel and Medical Staff consistent with hospital policy and objectives
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- May move, bathe and feed patients and perform a variety of hygiene duties
- Documents on all assigned patients, every day
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.