Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of Rehab, the Physical Therapist is responsible for planning and implementing specific treatment programs for patients with physical and mental disabilities.
Reports to: Director of Therapy Services
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Physical Therapy and licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Physical Therapist. Must be a member of, or eligible for membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
Experience: Two to Four years’ clinical experience desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment
- Manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs delivery of therapy by PTA and the Rehab nursing team while promoting teamwork.
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- Evaluates individual patients according to principles and practices of Physical Therapy
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of Physical Therapy
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains Physical Therapist competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.