Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Nurse Manager or immediate supervision of an RN, the person holding this position provides professional patient care services.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Practical Nurse,
Certified in BLS (CPR) required
SECURE within 12 months of employment.
Experience: One-year experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assess patient needs, may plan and implement patient care activities in collaboration with RN
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- Responsible for adhering to established standards of nursing practice, managing supplies and equipment under the direction of the Nurse Manager
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains nursing competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.