Job Summary: As an Operating Room LPN, you will work as part of the surgical team to provide care for patients before, during, and after surgery. This may include pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Practical Nurse, certified in BLS.
Experience: One-year experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assess patient needs, may plan and implement patient care activities in collaboration with RN
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- Responsible for adhering to established standards of nursing practice, managing supplies and equipment under the direction of the Nurse Manager
- Participates in computerized health information systems
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner
- Maintains nursing competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis