Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of Therapy Services, the Unit Clerk will perform a variety of clerical duties.
Reports to: Director of Therapy Services
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Requirements: Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to:
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands
- Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
- Using a keyboard to enter or transform words or data.
- Hearing in normal and soft tones
- Ability to read and understand written English words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English words and sentences.
- Ability to understand spoken English words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate with others by telephone and e-mail.
The demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding, supporting and promoting the organizational values inherent in the philosophy of Mena Regional Health System
- Performing job duties in a manner which demonstrates the values of Mena Regional Health System and its commitment to customer service.
- Ability to use good judgment with good computer skills.
- Requires a high degree of tact, discretion, accuracy and confidentiality in dealing within the hospital as well as community.
- Safety Sensitive Position
- Working with confidential information
- Performing life-threatening procedures
- Complying with Human Resources policies and procedures
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with all patients and visitors.
- Orders, stocks and maintains adequate inventory of required departmental supplies.
- Respond to patients and patient families in a courteous manner both on the phone and in person.
- Relay timely telephone/visitor messages, taking accurate information.
- Proficient in the use of computer and all office machines
- Prepares summaries of statistical reports and surveys
- Prepares and submits reimbursement requests.
- Schedules patient appointments
- Ensures accurate completion of all clinical and financial forms related to patient visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.