Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of ER, the Registered Nurse provides professional patient care services. Will be required to work shifts as scheduled which include evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Registered Nurse
• BLS (CPR) Certification required.
• ACLS preferred but not required
• PALS preferred but not required
• TNCC required within 12 months of hire date after completing hospital-based and unit-based competencies.
• A copy must be provided to the HR department and Laboratory department of the employee’s High School Diploma or high School Transcript showing Graduation , and a copy of their highest education (nursing diploma.) for all RN’s in the ER that perform tests on the machine Stratus CS. (Per the Laboratory Surveyor’s)
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred. Previous ER RN experience preferred but not required.
Primary Job Duties:
Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment
Manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team while promoting teamwork
Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
May function as lead or charge nurse
Provide population specific care- i.e. Language Line, Speak Clearly, ADA accommodations
Participates in computerized health information systems
Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner
Maintains nursing competencies
Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
Actively participate in all special events
All other duties as assigned